Brown Butter Lace Pancakes



This week's Great British Bake Off Challenge was an odd one but I have done it nonetheless. I have made some lace pancakes in flower shapes made with browned butter.

These are not quite the shape Paul Hollywood required but more to my personal taste. The subtle hint of the browned butter gives them a little interest and they taste delicious with a little sprinkling of sugar. I'm not convinced they are really worth eating where pancakes are concerned as they are all holes, but they are apparently delicate and sophisticated! I surprisingly enjoyed the actual baking of these and the challenge of piping the batter consistently. It did need a little modification as I went as it started off too thin to pipe well, but after adding more flour it turned out just right. I am very happy with the results.  

Comments