Berry and Orange Blossom Honey Viennese Whirls



The second technical challenge of this year's Great British Bake Off was viennese whirls. So, after refusing to accept the challenge as I decided it was easy, I changed my mind and made some viennese biscuits flavoured with orange blossom water with a filling of raspberry, blueberry and cherry jam and an orange blossom honey buttercream. They are, of course, dusted with icing sugar.

Unlike many of the bakers in the tent, my biscuits were light, crisp and melt in the mouth buttery, but didn't crumble upon assembly. They held their shape well during baking due to the chilling of the piped rounds and so look very elegant. The orange blossom and honey flavours are subtle but add a delicious extra to the sweet berry jam. I think these are great and, maybe, even worthy of star baker!

Comments