Sherry Trifle Charlotte Royale



This bake involved me telling my family I had a 'brain' in the fridge. This is my merging of two British desserts. It is a classic sherry trifle in Charlotte Royale form. There is a plain swiss roll with a raspberry and sherry jam filling, a vanilla bavarois with fresh raspberries, a raspberry and sherry jelly layer, arrowroot glaze and whipped cream decoration.

I am absolutely over the moon with this bake. The idea was possibly a little ambitious but it worked out spot on. The bavarois and jelly set perfectly inside the meticulously pieced together swiss roll exterior, although I could probably have got away with a little less gelatine in the bavarois. The flavours are just right for a sherry trifle. I think this should be the new look of a sherry trifle.

Comments