Almond and Chocolate Kransekake



This is a miniature version of a Danish Kransekake, a traditional marzipan based confection baked at Christmas. It is an almond marzipan rolled in chopped almonds and baked to golden brown, before being drizzled in dark chocolate and glued together with more chocolate.

I have been wanting to bake a Kransekake for a while but couldn't think of an idea to make it interesting. Then my mum and I watched Paul Hollywood bake it live at the BBC Good Food Show and she said she wanted one because she is a huge fan on almond and marzipan. So I decided I would bake her one for Christmas, and this is it. I think it looks elegant, is crunchy and full of almond flavour, with contrast to the marzipan sweetness with rich dark chocolate. This is a perfect present, I hope she enjoys!

Comments