Fig, Apricot and Frangelico Pannettone



Another festive favourite to indulge on. This is an Italian Pannettone made of a brioche dough and filled with frangelico soaked dried apricots and figs. 

The dough has the perfect lightness, moistness and richness for a brioche, although could have possibly done with an extra 30 minutes proving. Once again, this was my impatience! This may have stopped the top cracking (but that is perhaps my perfectionism coming in a little). I also didn't manage to distribute the fruit too evenly, with more on one side than the other. I suppose this is just to make you have more than one slice! The flavours of the fruit are sweet and slightly earthy, with a subtle frangelico hazelnut flavour coming through in the background to enhance the taste. To my palette, it could have had more, and, to be honest, you can't have enough alcohol at Christmas! Other than these two little improvements, I think this is a pretty good take on the traditional bread.

Comments