Chocolate, Orange and Fennel Seed Crescent Rolls



These are some sweet dough buns with both a chocolate and an orange dough rolled together into a crescent, and topped with crushed fennel seeds.

I think this is potentially one of the best bread bakes I have done. I wasn't expecting them to actually work, the chocolate dough to be edible or them to bind together. But it turns out the results are incredible. They turned out just as I had hoped when I thought up the idea a few months ago. The chocolate dough is not claggy as I feared and did rise to be light yet with a rich flavour. This is lightened by the orange dough which is a perfect partner. The fennel seeds give a subtle aniseed flavour which is lovely with both the chocolate and orange. Let's just say, I am a very happy girl after baking these. 

Comments