Cheddar Orchard Loaf



I very rarely make a loaf of proper bread, and I think this is probably the closest I am likely to get. It is a bloomer made from apple juice instead of water and filled with strong cheddar cheese.

Bread making isn't really my area of expertise as I don't do it often, but I am pretty happy with today's results. The flavour is spot on, with a strong cheese tang which is married with a slight sweet back note from the apple juice. The two combine perfectly and I have definitely been convinced of the much loved combination of cheese and apple. The bread itself was almost just right, although I think I managed to over prove it by about 5-10 minutes as I neglected to realise how warm my oven still was and therefore didn't check on it in time to get my oven heated to bake. This meant it spread a little, but the texture and crumb are great that it didn't have much of an impact. Next time, less multitasking I think!

Comments