Fig and Ginger Marshmallow Teacakes



I have been ticking more things off my baking list. These are my version of a traditional chocolate marshmallow tea cake. They have a ginger biscuit base coated in dark chocolate, marshmallow, chocolate coating and a fig centre.

I am very happy with the results of this bake. It was not perfect, but I was very close. The ginger biscuit has a subtle spice that complements the fig and chocolate perfectly. The marshmallow is more set and less creamy than that in Paul Hollywood's recipe, however is delicious and holds together well. The chocolate is just the right thickness and was wonderfully shiny, however I did seem to get some chocolate bloom (I may have got a bit carried away with cleaning my mould). I am astonished that the chocolate set at all on such a hot day, so I can't complain! An improvement would be to spread the fig further across the base of the biscuit so that it is taste in every mouthful. So, aside from that and the chocolate, I am incredibly proud of today's bake.

Comments