White Chocolate, Lime and Passionfruit Mousses



This was a huge challenge on the hottest day of the year, reminding me of one of Mary Berry's favourite comments of 'white chocolate will melt in a child's pocket;. It is a dome mousse with a joconde sponge base, white chocolate and lime mousse with passionfruit curd folded through, and glazed with a white chocolate ganache and drizzled with white chocolate.

The hot weather meant this was a bake with regular recipe adaptations throughout. I ended up using gelatine to set the mousse and making a ganache as opposed to a mirror glaze. I also folded the passionfruit curd through the mousse instead of making a centre like I often do, resulting in a deliciously flavoured mousse. It struggled to set so would perhaps use more gelatine so they turn out easily. I think patience is also not my virtue. However, the principle of the recipe and taste is still there and, with a cooler day and a few adaptations it could be perfect.

Comments