Kiwi, Vanilla and Chocolate Gateau Paris Brest



I have been baking some miniature Gateau Paris Brest. They are choux rings filled with a vanilla creme legere, topped with kiwi pieces and drizzled with dark chocolate.

For once, I am over the moon with how the choux pastry turned out. It has puffed to be light and well risen, with a lovely golden shine from the egg wash. I did not dry it out enough so had to return it to the oven to finish off once sliced open, but aside from a further 5 minutes in the oven, I wouldn't change it. The shape is, for once, spot on. The vanilla filling has just the right proportion of creme patisserie to whipped cream to provide a strong flavour whilst there is a light texture. It complements the kiwi well, as does the dark chocolate drizzle on top. I am happy with today's baking and my unique take on a french classic dessert.

Comments