Peanut Butter and Banana Millionaire's Shortbread



This is my twist on a classic millionaire's shortbread. It is a shortbread biscuit base topped with banana slices, a mixed nut butter caramel (made of mostly peanut) and a dark chocolate topping.

The biscuit base is short and crumbly, with a buttery taste. The flavours all work well together, with the peanut and banana complementing each other, and the slight bitterness from the dark chocolate being cut through by the sweet caramel. The peanut could be much stronger, however I was worried it would over power. I would definitely at least double the amount of nut butter included, or perhaps add some chopped nuts into the caramel. I do think I boiled the caramel a little too much, or left it in the pan too long whilst I sliced and arranged the banana as it is more set than intended, and almost like a fudge layer. This is something that would be easy to improve. I would also put the banana not directly on the biscuit, but between the caramel and chocolate as the ripe banana leaked a little liquid and mixed with the very bottom of the caramel creating a slight oozing when cut. Other than this, I am very happy with how it set and cut.

Comments