Raspberry Ripple Cupcakes



These are some cupcakes set for the seaside. They are vanilla sponges rippled with raspberry jam, topped with a vanilla buttercream, vanilla ice cream wafer and a fresh raspberry.

The cakes of these are absolutely spot on in texture and crumb, with a lovely vanilla flavour. So is the buttercream. It is soft and sweet. The jam ripple is visible on the top of the cakes but I didn't successfully get it through the centre. I think I needed to put a little of the mixture in, marble some jam, then repeat. It would then also have a stronger flavour. However, it does seem also that my blog is well named as I accidentally used my redcurrant jam instead of raspberry as i neglected to label the former meaning I'm not surprised it didn't taste like raspberry really! (But, sshhh no one needs to know!!) I am very happy with the look of the cakes other than their height. I probably should have filled the cupcake tin a little more. But, other than that the crisp little wafer and raspberry finish them off elegantly and they look just right to enjoy sat on the beach.

Comments