Cappuccino Meringue Nests



These meringue nests are flavoured with coffee and shaped as coffee cups and therefore are filled with a coffee creme patisserie, topped with a mascarpone and cream mix, and are dusted with cocoa powder.

I am pleased the meringue shape came out as I hoped, and think they look quite special. I did once again have a few problems with the meringues baking in my oven and ended up leaving the there for over 2 hours, and they still became slightly sticky within a couple of hours of removing them from the oven. I think next time I might experiment with a higher temperature. Despite this, they are completely crisp and dried out, with a delicious subtle coffee bitterness that is contrasted by the sweet mascarpone topping and coffee creme patisserie. I think these meringues are winners for all coffee lovers!






Comments