Apple and Rose Mascarpone Religeuise





My Valentine's baking today was some religeuise. These are choux pastry filled with apple compote and a rose water mascarpone cream. They are iced and decorated with more of the mascarpone and cream mix.

The choux was crisp and light, although could have perhaps done with an extra few minutes to dry out in the oven. My piping still needs practice. I'm not sure how to get them the correct shape - any suggestions are welcome! The filling has just the right amount of rose water and is perfectly sweetened so that it is creamy and heavenly. The apple matches the rose well. I am very pleased with how these turned out in the end. I'm not sure I ever expected to hear my self say 'stupid nuns' in exclamation to anything, but these drove me there!

Comments