Rose and Raspberry Princesstorte



I have baked a treat for Valentine's Day. This is my version of a Swedish Princesstorte. It features three layers of genoise sponge, a rose creme patisserie, raspberry jam and whipped cream dome. It is coated with a rose water marzipan with piped cream round the outside, icing sugar dusting and edible rose petals.

I don't think you need much more to show your loved one you care on Valentine's Day than this bake. It is one that poses a challenge to even the most accomplished bakers, and is light in both texture and flavour, with the subtleness of the rosewater complementing and enhancing the sweetness of the raspberry jam perfectly. I am very happy with how this turned out, expecting it to be an absolute disaster (especially when the marzipan started falling down the sides under gravity!). I don't think it could look much more special, nor be much more delicious.

Comments